Sermorelin vs Ipamorelin.
By increasing growth hormone, they help your body repair tissue, increase muscle mass, lose weight, and rejuvenate skin so that it looks younger.
But while these two peptides can have similar effects, they work in slightly different ways.
In this post, we’ll give you a detailed rundown of what each of these peptides can do for you, how effective they are, and which one could be the right choice for you.
Buy Sermorelin from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world: Peptides Sciences
P.S: This is not medical or legal advice. This is strictly for entertainment purposes. We are not doctors - nor lawyers. All information below is presented for use on "test subjects" only. Not for human consumption. Please read my disclaimer.
What are Research Peptides?
Peptides are short chains of amino acids.
Longer chains of amino acids double-over on themselves creating 3D shapes. We classify these as proteins. In contrast, peptides are shorter chains that are typically two dimensional. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classifies chains of 40 amino acids or fewer as peptides.
Because of their small, flat structure, peptides are able to bind with a number of chemical receptors throughout your body that larger molecules and drugs can’t access. That means that peptides are able to have a ton of different effects on the body.
The FDA has currently approved over 490 peptide products for a number of different uses. Some of these include treatments and prevention for :
- genetic disorders
- infectious disease
- cardiovascular issues
- eye disorders
- immune system weakness
- bone disorders and osteoporosis
- respiratory disorders
- neurodegenerative disorders
- eye disorders
In addition to medical treatments, peptides can also have a number of other health effects for people’s bodies including increasing muscle mass, contributing to fat loss, body tissue repair, improving sleep, and rejuvenating skin and hair.
What is Ipamorelin
Ipamorelin is a pentapeptide, meaning that it is a chain of 5 amino acids. It is a synthetically produced peptide that is chemically similar to a substance that the body produces called growth hormone-releasing peptide (GHRPs).
GHRPs interact with your pituitary gland to tell it to produce more growth hormone (GH), also known as human growth hormone (HGH). Because it mimics the effect of GHRPs, Ipamorelin causes your body to release more GH in your system.
Mechanism of Action
How exactly does it work?
GH is normally regulated by a complex interaction between a number of neurochemicals, hormones, and glands. One of the most important glands in the regulation of GH is the pituitary gland.
Because it looks chemically similar to your body’s natural GHRPs, it is able to bind to similar receptors that they do. That means that it can send signals to your pituitary gland to release more growth hormone.
The other action that it has is to reduce the amount of somatostatin. Somatostatin is a hormone that inhibits the production and release of growth hormone; it reduces the amount of GH in your body. So, by lowering your somatostatin levels, Ipamorelin helps your body produce more GH.
Benefits of Ipamorelin
Ipamorelin benefits you by naturally increasing the amount of HGH in your body.
This has a number of potent benefits. For example, the additional GH from Ipamorelin means that:
- You build more muscle mass in response to working out [4, 5]
- You will find it easier to burn and lose fat 
- Your body heals and repairs tissue more quickly 
- You sleep and rest better .
- Your skin and nails look younger 
- Your bones grow more easily and become stronger 
- Your sleep improves.
What is Sermorelin?
Sermorelin acetate, commonly known simply as Sermorelin, is a chain of 29 amino acids that is also synthetically produced.
It is chemically similar to your body’s growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH). That means that it has a similar action to them, which is to release more GH . Note that GHRHs (which Sermorelin mimics) is not the same as GHRPs (which Ipamorelin mimics).
It was developed in order to get some of the positive benefits of GHRH without some of the negative effects that can come with directly taking HGH.
Mechanism of Action
Sermorelin works by mimicking your body’s own GHRHs. Like, GHRPs, GHRHs help tell your pituitary gland to release more GH.
Sermorelin has a similar effect as other GHRHs; it increases the GH in your body by getting your pituitary gland to secrete more of it.
Benefits of Sermorelin
Currently, Sermorelin is often used in order to help doctors diagnose issues with natural growth hormone secretion . But there are also a number of other Sermorelin benefits, including:
- Muscle building and development
- Weight loss
- Reducing the cardiac scarring that can occur following a heart attack 
- Increasing bone density
- Improving nutrition for people with chronic illness
- Improving kidney function
- Reducing the effects of dementia
- Suppressing epileptic seizures
- Improve sleep
Differences between Ipamorelin and Sermorelin?
Both Ipamorelin and Sermorelin work to increase the amount of GH in your system. This is important because, as you get older, the GH you have starts to decline rapidly.
They also both do this by stimulating your body to release more GH naturally. That means you don’t have to worry about losing your natural GH production, as you might if you took GH directly.
So what are the differences between them?
One of the big differences is their chemical structure. Ipamorelin and Sermorelin have different chemical properties, which means that they act on different receptors. They both activate receptors that tell your pituitary gland to release more GH, but they do that using different receptors.
Ipamorelin also has a secondary function, which is to reduce somatostatin, another hormone that inhibits GH. Sermorelin does not have this secondary function.
There are also some differences in the effects that each has on your body, including the side effects. However, the side effects of both Ipamorelin and Sermorelin are typically rare and mild. Both are generally considered safe.
In this section, we’ll explain how to choose the best dose and cycle for Ipamorelin vs Sermorelin.
The most common form of Ipamorelin dosage is via injection under the skin or into the muscle.
Beginners usually will want to start with the following dosing cycle:
- 1 microgram (mcg) per kilogram (kg) of body weight, up to 100mcg or 150mcg
- in a single dose of Ipamorelin per day
- for a cycle of 8 to 12 weeks
- with 1 month off
You will find that your body’s natural GH production increases, which will come with a number of benefits.
You want to keep the amount per dose the same throughout the cycle; don’t increase it during the cycle. After you’ve finished a cycle, you can consider increasing your Ipamorelin dosage.
As you go, you can experiment with larger doses. For example, you might increase the dosage to
- 200mcg to 300mcg per day
- split into two to three injections per day
- on a cycle of 8 to 12 weeks
- with 1 month off before the next cycle
Ensure to rotate injection sites.
Sermorelin is also most commonly taken via injection.
Sermorelin dosage recommendations are usually anywhere between 100 mcg and 500 mcg per day. 400 mcg and 500 mcg are very high doses and will be more likely to result in uncomfortable side effects than lower doses.
We recommend that you start with:
- 1 mcg per kilogram of body weight, up to between 100 mcg to 200 mcg, per day
- injected once daily
- on a cycle of 4 to 6 weeks
- with 1 month off before the next cycle
To reconstitute Sermorelin, inject the diluent into the vial of sermorelin against the wall of the glass vial. Then swirl the vial until the powder has been completely dissolved. If there are any particles that have not been dissolved or if the mixture is cloudy, do not administer or inject.
Tips for both Ipamorelin and Sermorelin
There are a few things to keep in mind for both of these peptides.
- The best time to take both Ipamorelin and Sermorelin is during the late evening before bedtime. That’s because it will allow you to have your peak GH while you’re asleep when your body is regenerating itself. This will help you get the best results.
- Some suggest that these work best if you’re a bit hungry. If you have eaten in the two hours before you take it, it may not be as effective. Also try to avoid simple carbohydrates and sugars since these spike your insulin levels, which again can interfere with the action of sermorelin and increasing GH.
- For both of these peptides, make sure that you’re well-hydrated by drinking plenty of water. That’s because your body uses more water than usual with these injections and while it’s repairing itself. It’s much better to be over-hydrated than under-hydrated, so make sure to drink lots and lots of water.
- Try to eat well. Make your caloric intake stable and avoid binge eating. This will help keep your blood sugar and body chemistry stable for your hormones to work properly.
How to Order Research Peptides Online?
Ordering research peptides online is easy. The hard part is finding a reputable company and source. You want to make sure that any company you order from has the following:
- High-quality products: Lots of people out there are selling snake oil. Be careful. Insist on looking for companies that can prove the quality of their products.
- Customer reviews: A good company will usually leave a footprint on the internet. Look for companies where independent reviews have given them a high rating.
- Customer service: If you have questions, you should be able to call or email. Make sure that you can get in touch with the company if you have any problems or questions.
- Fair price: Ipamorelin costs should not be super high, or super low. Look for companies that sell it at a reasonable price. That goes for sermorelin costs as well.
- Refund policy: What will happen if they send the wrong product? Make sure they’ll pay you back or send a new order.
This can be a bit of a sketchy industry, so make sure you know you’re getting good quality products.
We’ve looked around and tried a few different companies. By far our favorite is Peptide Science. We like them because:
- They provide certificates of analysis of all their products, showing that they are at least 99% pure. They’re designed for researchers, so they have done all the tests and you can see them right on the website.
- They are a US-based company that ships all over the world. If you’re in the US you should get your order within a couple of days; 7 to 10 for other countries.
- Payment is secure and convenient. They’ll take all major credit cards and they’ll even accept cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- They have great customer service. You can call or email them and you’ll talk to a real person.
- Refund policy. They’ll make sure they make it right if you don’t get what you order or if there’s another problem.
Side Effects and Safety Concerns?
Both Ipamorelin and Sermorelin are considered very safe to use. However, you should still understand what the possible side effects of using each of these could be.
Some reported Ipamorelin side effects include:
- Water retention in wrists or ankles
- Pain, rash, or soreness at injection sites 
- Transient fever
- Insulin resistance 
- Hypertension 
Because it can change blood sugar and blood pressure, people with diabetes or cardiovascular conditions should avoid using Ipamorelin.
Some reported Ipamorelin side effects include:
- Pain, swelling, or redness at the injection site
- Difficulty swallowing
- Issues sitting still
Of patients taking Sermorelin in clinical trials, less than 1% experienced these side effects.
Both Sermorelin and Ipamorelin are largely side-effect free for most people when the dose is prescribed by a medical practitioner. However, allergic reactions can occur with both (as with any substance). If you experience an allergic reaction, you should seek medical attention.
In general, you should start with a low dose and gradually increase over time to see how it affects your body. Try not to change dose levels in the middle of a cycle.
Sermorelin Vs. Ipamorelin | Verdict
Sermorelin and Ipamorelin are similar in that they both stimulate your body to produce more growth hormone.
But they do that by binding to different chemical receptors. That means they can have slightly different effects and side effects.
Which is better? Well, neither.
It depends on what you’re looking for and how each affects your particular body.
To make the best decision about which peptide is the best fit for your goals, experiment. Try both and see what works best for you and your body.