Looking for a Melanotan 2 dosage calculator? You found it.
Dosing Melanotan isn't super complicated, but it's important to get it right. Sticking with the recommended dose is the best way to get the “research” results you're looking for while avoiding uncomfortable side effects in your “test subjects”.
So we'll give you everything you need in this article to figure out the best dosage for you and any “test subjects” you're using for your Melanotan research.
Buy Melanotan 1 from our #1 recommended vendor...
Buy Melanotan 2 from our #1 recommended vendor...
P.S: This is not medical or legal advice. This is strictly for entertainment purposes. We are not doctors - nor lawyers. All information below is presented for use on "test subjects" only. Not for human consumption. Please read my disclaimer.
What is Melanotan 2?
Melanotan 2 is a peptide. It's synthesized by scientists to chemically look like a peptide that is naturally made in your body and is secreted from the pituitary gland: alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH) .
The α-MSH peptide, along with all the other peptides in your body, plays an important role in regulating various bodily functions. They produce chemical signals by binding to receptors that are found throughout your body. Specifically, α-MSH binds to a set of receptors called melanocortin receptors .
There are 5 types of melanocortin receptors and each has a slightly different effect on your body. MC-1R is responsible for signaling your body to produce more melanin, the substance responsible for making your skin and hair darker. Because Melanotan 2 can also bind to these receptors, one of its effects is darkening your skin.
The other Melanocortin receptors have different roles. For example, the MC-3R plays a role in regulating appetite and energy and MC-4R plays a role in regulating sexual behavior and erectile function. That's why Melanotan 2 has several effects besides just skin darkening: it can reduce fat and also stimulate increased libido.
Melanotan 1 vs. Melanotan 2
What's the difference between Melanotan 1 and 2?
The difference is in their chemical structure. While they both have a chemical structure that looks similar to α-MSH, they differ in several important ways. Melanotan 1 is a straight, longer peptide. Melanotan 2 is a circular peptide and is shorter.
These chemical differences mean that they bind to different Melanocortin receptors and stimulate them differently. That means they have some effects in common, but also have some different effects.
- They both darken skin.
- They both have some similar potential side effects: flushing, nausea, darkening of moles.
- Melanotan 2 dosing can increase libido, MT-1 doesn't usually have this effect.
- Melanotan 2 doses have a longer half-life, so it has more flexible dosing. “Test subjects” normally only take one Melanotan 2 dose a day, whereas they'd usually take 2 doses of MT-1.
- Melanotan 1 is approved by the FDA and in the EU as a prescription medication for people with erythropoietic protoporphyria; MT-2 isn't.
- Melanotan 2 dosing is usually cheaper and more popular than Melanotan 1.
Melanotan 2 Benefits and Uses
Melanotan II has been found to have a number of different benefits and uses. Here's a shortlist of those.
- Tanning and skin darkening. This is the main effect of Melanotan 2 dosing: it's a powerful tanning agent. It reduces the chance that a person will get a sunburn and also helps protect the skin from sun damage. Some studies suggest that it can even reduce the chance of getting skin cancer [3, 4, 5].
- Reduces hunger. Some research has found that Melanotan II plays a role in regulating appetite. It has been found to cut down on fat storage in animal studies and also change food preferences away from fatty foods [6, 7, 8].
- Regulating blood sugar. Some research has started to find that Melanotan 2 doses play a role in regulating blood sugar. This is good news for diabetics, and this may eventually become one way, in addition to insulin injections, that people can regulate their blood sugar .
- Improving impulse control and addictive behavior. Some studies have found that Melanotan 2 doses can help regulate impulsive behavior in animals. It's even been found to reduce addictive behavior. More research is needed, but it's a promising option to help people treat addiction .
Increasing libido and improving sexual function. This is one of the biggest and most common effects of dosing Melanotan 2: it increases libido [11, 12]. In fact, it was originally developed as a way to treat hypoactive sex drives in both males and females. For people taking Melanotan 2 to tan, increased arousal is a common side effect.
Melanotan 2 Side Effects
What are the other Melanotan side effects? They're generally minor, but it's worth being prepared for the possibility of experiencing these Melanotan side effects:
- Decreased appetite
- Increased sexual arousal and libido
- Darkening facial hair
- Darkening moles
Despite these side effects, a review of research on Melanotan has concluded that “side effects observed in clinical trials are largely minor” . So, in general, it's pretty safe to use—as long as it's pure Melanotan.
Melanotan 2 Dosage Calculator and Guide
Now that you have a background in what Melanotan 2 is and what it does, we're getting to the meat: How do you dose it for your “test subjects”?
Here's your Melanotan dosage calculator and guide.
Recommended Melanotan dosage
First, you need to know how much Melanotan to give your “test subjects”. Here's what the recommended Mealnotan dosage is:
- If your “test subjects” are new to dosing Melanotan 2, take only 250 micrograms (mcg). This is the same as 0.25 milligrams (mg). Take it in a single Melanotan injection, once per day. Ideally, your “test subjects” will want to it 20 minutes before sun exposure, but any time in the morning or midday is fine. Some people who experience nausea even take it before bed to reduce that side effect. Take it at this level for at least 2-4 days to get used to it. You can stay at this level if you're having a good effect. If not, you can increase.
- For a standard dose, take 500 micrograms (mcg). This is the same as 0.5 milligrams (mg). Take it in a single Melanotan injection, once per day. Again, the morning, midday, or before sun exposure is best, but before bed might be the best if your “test subjects” are experiencing nausea. Stick at this level unless you're really not seeing the results you'd like.
- For a high dose, your “test subjects” can take up to 1 milligram (mg). You should get an effect at this level, so don't go past it. If you do, your “test subjects” could be getting into overdose territory and increasing your risk of side effects.
Getting the right equipment
To judge and calculate the dose, you need to know a few things. You need to know:
- How large the syringe is. We usually use insulin syringes because these have thin, short needles. There are several sizes, but they usually come in one of two sizes: 10 International Units (IUs) = 0.1 milliliters (mL) or 100 IUs = 1 mL. We use the 1 mL size.
- How much Melanotan II is in the vial. Usually, they come in 2 milligrams (mg) or 10 mg. We typically buy Melanotan in 10 mg vials.
For our examples below, we're going to assume you have a 100 IU (1 mL) syringe and a 10 mg vial of Melanotan II.
Reconstituting Melanotan 2
Melanotan will come to you in a freeze-dried powder or pellets. These need to be reconstituted with sterile water. You can buy bacteriostatic water when you purchase your Melanotan.
To reconstitute it and make it injectible, follow these directions:
- Take off the top of the Melanotan vial. Wipe the rubber stopper with an alcohol swab to sterilize it.
- Take off the top of the bacteriostatic water. Wipe that rubber stopper with alcohol too. This is to reduce the chance of infection.
- Insert the syringe into the vial of water. Hold it upside down and take out the water. We generally use 1 or 2 mL, but remember that which you choose will affect the dosage calculation because you will be diluting the Melanotan more or less.
- Inject the water slowly in the vial of Melanotan, aiming at the side (not the powder).
- Put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight until the powder dissolves. You can swirl or tilt the vial to help (do not shake).
For these calculations, we're going to assume you have a syringe size of 1 mL and that you've reconstituted 10 mg of Melanotan with 1 mL of Bacteriostatic water:
- 250 mcg (0.25 mg) dose = 3 IUs
- 500 mcg (0.5 mg) dose = 5 IUs
- 750 mcg (0.75 mg) dose = 8 IUs
- 1 mg dose = 10 IUs
For these calculations, we're going to assume you have a syringe size of 1 mL and that you've reconstituted 10 mg of Melanotan with 2 mL of Bacteriostatic water:
- 250 mcg (0.25 mg) dose = 5 IUs
- 500 mcg (0.5 mg) dose = 10 IUs
- 750 mcg (0.75 mg) dose = 15 IUs
1 mg dose = 20 IUs
Where to Buy Melanotan 2 Online? | 2020 Guide
The best place to buy Melanotan 2 online is from Peptide Sciences.
We've done a bunch of trial and error with different online vendors and they are hands down the best option out there. Here's why we like them:
- Pure Melanotan 2 peptides. These guys produce research-grade peptides. This is the stuff they sell to scientists to do high-quality research. That means they make it pure and they post the results of lab analyses on their website to demonstrate its purity. You're not going to get a bunch of fillers and additives with these guys.
- Great prices. These are some of the most reasonable prices for legit Melanotan around. If you don't want to get scammed, Peptide Sciences is for you.
- Easy, fast shipping. They're based in the US, so if you're also in the US, you're going to get your package within 2-3 days. If you're in another country, it's up to 10 days—still pretty fast.
- Convenient, secure payment. They accept a bunch of different kinds of payments (credit cards, cryptocurrencies, etc). They also use the latest SSL technology so that your payment info stays secure.
- Great customer service. If you need anything, they'll help you get it. We love that we can chat with a real human if we have a problem and that they'll work to fix it. We've always been satisfied with the products we've ordered from Peptide Sciences.
Melanotan 2 Dosage | The Verdict?
Dosing Melanotan 2 is a fantastic way to tan quicker and better. It can help your “test subjects” feel more confident and more attractive.
Just make sure you get the Melanotan 2 dosage right. We've provided an easy Melanotan dosage calculator here to help do that. Getting the right dosage will help maximize the benefits and reduce the chance your “test subjects” will experience uncomfortable side effects.
If you use the right calculations, you'll get the most out of your Melanotan “research”.
And your “test subjects” can give us credit when their friends say they're looking fly.
Buy Melanotan 2 from our #1 recommended vendor...